April 16, 2013 · 8:35 am
“If you’re trying to defeat the human spirit, marathoners are the wrong group to target.” – Mighty Brighties
Like the rest of the world, I’m still trying to process what happened yesterday. Whether you are a runner or not, this is sickening and heart wrenching. On a day that is typically filled with joy and happiness to end so tragically. I’m short on words today and I hope that you all share your feelings, emotions below so that we can process this together.
I was asked yesterday if I would still run next year. Of course I will. Darkness will not win. I, like many runners, will go through the stages of sadness, anger, hurt, and then restoration. I will run to honor the victims and their families.
Honor those who fell yesterday and rise up strong in our community today.
April 5, 2013 · 9:01 pm
Runners definitely share some odd traits and I felt the need to start listing them out! I’d love to hear from you all so please share yours below….
1. You frequently have a Garmin watch tan line on your wrist from February to December. Hotness.
2. You have multiple Excel spreadsheets of your training plans.
3. You once hated other people wearing compression socks; but now find yourself owning them in multiple colors. Same could be said for fuel belts.
4. Your kitchen pantry is filled with an abundance of either: GU gels, shot blocks, gatorade, or power bars.
5. You hold on to your old pair of sneakers for no real reason.
6. You have holes in your sneakers from your big toe.
7. You’ve lost a toenail or two.
8. You secretly stalk active.com for new races; as if they’ll just post one today for tomorrow.
9. You spend a Friday or Saturday night prepping for your long run by shoveling enormous amounts of carbs in your mouth and going to bed at 9:30 like an old lady.
10. You plan your workouts a week in advance and when you cross off a workout you feel like you just cured cancer.
11. You think its cute when people ask about your “jogging”.
12. You keep snacks in your car or gym bag…you never know when you’ll need to fuel for an impromptu run.
13. You stalk the weather to plan out your weekly runs.
14. You’re always hungry (rungry).